Supports and maintains treatment milieu. Monitors clients and provides direct care. Maintains client and facility safety.
I. Professional Conduct
• Represents Keystone Recovery Network in a professional manner with a courte-ous and cooperative attitude. Maintains punctuality and takes direction.
• Complies with all ethics and conduct codes; maintains clients’ rights.
• Maintains client confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines at all times.
• Complies with facility, departmental, safety and human resources policies.
• Maintains a neat, professional appearance consistent with the dress code.
II. Provides direct care for clients
• Recognizes need for medical or psychiatric interventions and contacts appropriate emergency professionals and/or supervisor for direction
• Provides empathic, supportive approach to all client.
• Employs de-escalation techniques when needed.
• Conducts observations and vitals checks, monitors clients regularly and is aware of client whereabouts at all times
• May conduct lower level – non-clinical groups (daily check-ins, processing, educational, etc.)
• Complete shift report and incident reporting when needed
• Conducts new client orientation.
• Understands the need for appropriate client/staff boundaries and maintains a strict therapeutic relationship during active treatment.
III. Maintains client and facility safety
• Completes room checks, safety checks and client supervision checks.
• Ensures program menu is followed, assists with meal preparation and clean-up.
• Directly performs daily maintenance responsibilities including but not limited to facility cleaning, changing of client bedding, etc.
• Ensures program schedule is maintained and transports clients to external appointments.
• Assists clients with self-care and other living skills.
• Manages client crisis and/or emergencies by utilizing the emergency notification system
• Intake client medication, control medications per policy and assists client with self administration of medication.
• Conducts search of new client belongings and lock up of valuables and contraband.
• Conducts safety drills as described in agency protocol.
• Promotes a safe work environment complying with environment of care, safety, and infection control and universal precaution guidelines
• May conduct client testing (urine screening, breathalyzer, etc.)
IV. Other Duties:
• Assist with operations of a residential treatment facility that provides services 24 hours a day. This may include but is not limited to:
• Washing dishes, cleaning up of kitchen areas, preparing meals.
• Picking up and ensuring house is safe and orderly.
• Cleaning up spills, light housekeeping if needed.
• Adeptly handling on-the-spot situations to ensure that household is running smoothly and clients’ needs are met.
IV. General Qualifications
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Follows nondiscrimination laws and conduct in performance of duties
• Good organizational skills; ability to prioritize workload and work independently.
• Must comply with drug-free workplace guidelines.
• Current First Aid certification/CPR certification
• High School diploma or GED
• Negative urine drug screen
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule
• Ability to pass employer’s MVR check in order to be added to insurance carrier.
• Current California Driver’s License